About Saxony Glen
Saxony Glen in Glenridding Ravines is located in the Windermere area of southwest Edmonton. Nestled between 170th Street and Whitemud Creek Ravine, Saxony Glen has been designed as a sanctuary for its residents. The community is centred around a pond and features a gathering space with a large decorative community plaza. Several pocket parks, including one with a playground, will be thoughtfully located throughout the community. The pond and the playground will be completed at the same time as the first showhomes to ensure that residents have access to amenities from day one. A walkway and trail system will connect the parks and ponds and tie to the Whitemud Creek ravine and neighbouring communities. Residents will be able to walk to the adjacent community commercial area that will include a variety of shops and services or take a short drive to Currents of Windermere and other local southwest Edmonton amenities.
Located in the Windermere area in southwest Edmonton, Saxony Glen is minutes away from everything you need for everyday life and beyond.
Schools – There are a variety of schooling options in the Saxony Glen area including; Public Schools, Catholic Schools, and Private Schools. The catchment areas are determined by the school boards and may change year over year. Please check directly with the school boards to verify the designated school. Private schools have not been noted below.
Shops, Services, Restaurants & More – Currents of Windermere, Windermere Crossing, and Windermere South shopping areas are minutes away from Saxony Glen. Additional services can also be found at a variety of neighbourhood commercial sites throughout the Glenridding and Windermere area.
Community League – Saxony Glen residents are within the catchment area of the Greater Windermere Community League. Residents can become members of the community league and benefit from various activities and community functions. A highlight of membership includes access to the ‘Snowbank Rink’ that is constructed in the nearby community of Langdale.
Playgrounds + Parks + Trails + Recreation
- Saxony Glen includes an adventure playground; a multi-structure playground is complete and includes benches and bike racks.
- Saxony Glen pond and trail with viewpoints and a central plaza that will connect to nearby Whitemud Creek and Saskatchewan River valley trails.
- Nearby recreation centres – Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre and William Lutsky YMCA
- The nearby South Terwillegar Park features a spray park.
- The nearby Terwillegar Park includes an extensive trail system and expansive off-leash dog area and a new footbridge connecting to the Oleskiw River Valley Park.
- Check out the City of Edmonton Green Shack programs in southwest Edmonton.
- There is a variety of nearby golf courses.
- Rabbit Hill Snow Resort is only 10 minutes away!